00:00
All right, imagine this.
好,想像一下這個情境。
00:03
You're absolutely convinced you're a great driver.
你深信自己是個很棒的駕駛。
00:05
You think you make rational decisions.
你認為自己做的是理性決策。
00:07
You know what's best and you've got life all figured out.
你自認知道什麼是最好的,並且認為自己已看透人生。
00:13
But here's the plot twist.
但這有個轉折。
00:14
Your brain is quietly lying to you every single day.
你的大腦每天都在悄悄地欺騙你。
00:16
In today's video, we're breaking down 12 of the most powerful cognitive biases that secretly control your decisions.
在今天的影片中,我們將剖析 12 個最強大的認知偏誤,它們正秘密地操控著你的決定。
00:24
From what you buy to who you trust and even how you see yourself.
從你買什麼、信任誰,甚至到你如何看待自己。
00:29
And once you spot them, you'll start seeing them everywhere.
一旦你發現了它們,你就會開始處處看到它們的蹤影。
00:32
Number one, confirmation bias.
第一名,確認偏誤 (Confirmation bias)。
00:34
Let's start with the classic.
從經典的開始說起。
00:36
Confirmation bias is when we only look for information that agrees with what we already believe.
確認偏誤是指我們只尋找符合既有信念的資訊。
00:43
You think your favorite crypto is the future.
你認為你最喜歡的加密貨幣是未來。
00:45
You'll only watch YouTubers who agree.
你只會觀看那些與你看法一致的 YouTuber。
00:48
It's like your brain has a personal assistant whose job is to say, "Yes, boss.
這就像你的大腦裡有個私人助理,他的工作就是整天說:「是的,老闆,你完全正確。」
00:53
You're absolutely right." All day long.
整天都是如此。
00:55
The fix is to actively seek out opinions that disagree with yours.
解決方法是主動去尋找與你意見相左的觀點。
00:59
It's uncomfortable, but that's where actual learning happens.
這會令人感到不舒服,但真正的學習正是發生在這裡。
01:03
Number two, anchoring bias.
第二名,錨定效應 (Anchoring bias)。
01:07
Ever wondered why stores always show the original price before the discount?
有想過為什麼商店總是在折扣前顯示原價嗎?
01:10
That's anchoring bias.
這就是錨定偏誤。
01:12
The first piece of information you see becomes your reference point for everything else.
你看到的第一條資訊,會成為你判斷其他事物的參考點。
01:20
So, when a $300 jacket is on sale for $150, you feel like you're saving money.
所以,當一件原價300美元的外套特價150美元時,你會覺得自己省了錢。
01:25
when you're still spending $150.
儘管你還是花了150美元。
01:28
Our brains love a bargain, even if it's imaginary.
我們的大腦熱愛撿便宜,即使那只是假象。
01:30
Number three, availability horistic.
第三,可得性捷思。
01:34
If you've ever been scared to fly after watching a plane crash documentary,
如果你在看過空難紀錄片後曾對搭飛機感到恐懼,
01:36
you've fallen for this one.
你就中了這一招。
01:40
We overestimate the importance of information that's easy to recall,
我們會高估那些容易回想起來的資訊的重要性,
01:42
especially if it's dramatic.
尤其是當它很戲劇化時。
01:46
So, despite driving being statistically far more dangerous, flying feels scarier because
所以,儘管統計上開車危險得多,搭飛機卻讓人感覺更可怕,因為
01:50
emotion beats math.
情緒總是戰勝數學。
01:53
every single time.
每次都是。
01:54
Number four, the Dunning Krueger effect.
第四,鄧寧-克魯格效應。
01:56
This one's painfully relatable.
這個效應令人痛心地貼切。
02:00
The less you know about something, the more confident you tend to be.
你對某件事知道得越少,往往越有自信。
02:04
That's why beginners often sound like experts and experts sound unsure.
這就是為什麼新手常聽起來像專家,而專家反而聽起來不確定。
02:08
Because the more you learn, the more you realize how little you actually know.
因為你學得越多,就越意識到自己其實知道得很少。
02:14
The cure is to stay curious.
解藥是保持好奇心。
02:16
Humility is a sign of progress.
謙遜是進步的象徵。
02:17
Number five, the halo effect.
第五點,光環效應。
02:19
If someone's good-looking, we subconsciously assume they're also smart, kind, and trustworthy.
如果某人長得好看,我們會下意識地認為他們也聰明、善良且值得信賴。
02:26
It's like our brains can't handle someone being attractive and terrible at the same
這就像我們的大腦無法接受一個人既迷人又糟糕。
02:30
time. That's why charisma sells and why we sometimes fall for smooth talkers.
這就是為什麼魅力能帶來銷量,以及我們有時會被花言巧語所騙。
02:36
Number six, the sunk cost fallacy.
第六點,沉沒成本謬誤。
02:38
You've already watched seven episodes of a terrible Netflix series, so you might as well finish it, right?
你已經看了七集糟糕的 Netflix 劇集,所以不如把它看完,對吧?
02:46
That's the sunk cost fallacy.
這就是沉沒成本謬誤。
02:47
continuing something just because you've already invested time or money.
只因為已經投入了時間或金錢,就繼續做某件事。
02:51
But logically, those costs are gone.
但從邏輯上講,那些成本已經沒了。
02:54
The smart move is to cut your losses and move on.
明智的做法是及時止損,繼續前行。
02:58
Number seven, the self-serving bias.
第七點,自利偏差。
03:00
When you win, it's because you're talented.
當你成功時,是因為你有天賦。
03:03
When you fail, it's because the Wi-Fi lacked.
當你失敗時,是因為 Wi-Fi 太差。
03:04
That's self-serving bias, our brain's favorite PR strategy.
這就是自利偏差,大腦最愛的公關策略。
03:09
It protects our ego, but also stops us from growing.
它保護了我們的自尊,但也阻礙了我們的成長。
03:11
Next time something goes wrong, ask, "What could I have done differently?" Number eight, the bandwagon effect.
下次出錯時,問問自己:「我本來可以怎麼做不一樣?」第八點,從眾效應。
03:19
We love to think we're independent thinkers, but if everyone's buying the
我們總以為自己很有主見,但如果大家都在買新 iPhone,
03:21
new iPhone, suddenly you kind of want it, too.
突然間你也會想要一支。
03:25
That's the bandwagon effect.
這就是從眾效應。
03:28
We assume something is good just because lots of people like it.
我們會因為很多人喜歡某樣東西,就假定它是好的。
03:31
It's social proof, but sometimes it's just social pressure with a marketing budget.
這是社會認同,但有時它只是披著行銷預算外衣的社會壓力。
03:37
Number nine, loss aversion.
第九點,損失規避。
03:37
We hate losing more than we love winning.
我們討厭輸的程度勝過喜歡贏。
03:40
That's why people hold on to bad investments or relationships longer than they should.
這就是為什麼人們會抱著糟糕的投資或關係不放,時間拖得比應有的長。
03:44
Psychologically, losing $10 feels about twice as painful as gaining $10 feels good.
從心理學上來說,損失 10 元的痛苦感,大約是獲得 10 元的快樂感的兩倍。
03:51
So, we play it safe.
所以,我們選擇穩妥行事。
03:54
But comfort zones never lead to growth.
但舒適圈永遠不會帶來成長。
03:57
Number 10, survivorship bias.
第十點,倖存者偏差。
03:58
You hear stories of billionaires who dropped out of college and think that's the move, but we forget
你聽到億萬富翁輟學的故事,就覺得這條路行得通,但我們忘了
04:03
the thousands who dropped out and didn't make it.
那些輟學卻失敗的成千上萬人。
04:06
That's survivorship bias.
這就是倖存者偏差。
04:08
focusing only on the winners while ignoring the silent majority who failed.
只關注勝利者,卻忽略了那些失敗的沉默大眾。
04:13
Always study both the success and the failure stories.
一定要同時研究成功和失敗的故事。
04:17
Number 11, the spotlight effect.
第十一點,聚光燈效應。
04:19
You think everyone noticed that stain on your shirt or that awkward thing you said.
你以為大家都注意到你襯衫上的污漬,或是你說的那句尷尬的話。
04:24
They're too busy worrying about themselves.
他們忙著擔心自己都來不及了。
04:24
They didn't.
他們根本沒注意到。
04:26
That's the spotlight effect.
這就是聚光燈效應。
04:28
Overestimating how much people notice or care about us.
高估了別人對我們的關注程度。
04:32
Liberating, right?
是不是感覺解脫了?
04:34
You're not the main character in everyone's movie, just your own.
你不是他人電影中的主角,你只是自己人生的主角。
04:37
Number 12, the planning fallacy.
第十二點,規劃謬誤。
04:39
You tell yourself you'll finish that project in 2 hours.
你告訴自己兩小時就能完成那個專案。
04:43
6 hours later, you're still making the title slide.
六個小時過去了,你還在做開頭的投影片。
04:45
That's the planning fallacy.
這就是規劃謬誤。
04:46
We consistently underestimate how long tasks take.
我們總是低估完成任務所需的時間。
04:50
However long you think something will take, double it.
不論你覺得某件事要花多久,直接乘以二。
04:53
Then maybe you'll be close.
這樣也許才接近實際所需時間。
04:57
So, there you have it.
以上就是重點。
04:58
12 ways your brain subtly tricks you every single
你的大腦每天在這 12 個方面悄悄地欺騙你