I think you already know that if you want to improve your English speaking skills, you have to practice, right?
我想你已經知道,如果你想提升英文口說能力,就必須練習,對吧?
00:07
You have to speak.
你必須開口說。
00:08
Studying grammar will never improve your speaking.
學習文法永遠無法提升你的口說。
00:11
Listening to English alone will never improve your speaking.
光是聽英文也永遠無法提升你的口說。
00:15
You have to actually speak.
你必須實際開口說。
00:18
But what if you don't have someone to talk to in English?
但如果你沒有人可以用英文交談呢?
00:21
How can you practice then?
那你該如何練習?
00:23
Well, there's a technique that allows you to learn to speak English by yourself.
嗯,有一個技巧可以讓你獨自學習英文口說。
00:29
No speaking partner is required.
不需要口說夥伴。
00:32
This technique can help improve many aspects of your spoken English, your sentence structure, your grammar, your vocabulary, and most importantly, your ability to express your thoughts and ideas effectively.
When I say imitation, I'm not talking about repeating after native figures using the exact same words to improve your pronunciation.
當我說模仿時,我並不是指為了改善發音而重複母語人士說的完全相同的詞語。
01:05
I'm talking about something a little more advanced than that.
我說的是比這更進階一點的東西。
01:08
Here's how it works.
它的運作方式如下。
01:10
You listen to a conversation, a story, or some kind of speech, and then try to deliver that speech in your own words.
你聽一段對話、一個故事,或某種演講,然後試著用你自己的話來表達那段演講。
01:19
Let's see this technique in action.
讓我們來看看這項技巧的實際應用。
01:21
When I was a child, when he was a child, my parents liked to pretend like many other parents.
當我還是個孩子的時候,當他還是個孩子的時候,我的父母就像許多其他父母一樣喜歡假裝。
01:28
His parents liked to pretend like many other parents.
他的父母就像許多其他父母一樣喜歡假裝。
01:32
That Santa Claus would bring us presents at Christmas.
當時我們相信聖誕老人會在聖誕節帶來禮物。
01:35
His parents liked to pretend that Santa Claus would bring them presents at Christmas.
他的父母喜歡假裝聖誕老人也會給他們帶來禮物。
01:40
So when my siblings and I would wake up on Christmas morning, so when he and his siblings would wake up on Christmas morning, there'd be a bunch of presents from supposedly Santa Claus sitting in front of the fireplace.